It can take months – or longer – to hire a permanent, full-time staff physician. So what do you do for coverage during the search? A locum tenens provider can be a cost-effective solution. Here are reasons why you should consider using Harris Medical Associates for your short-term staffing needs:
- Physician Network: Harris Medical has hundreds of licensed physicians credentialed and ready to work.
- Payroll: Providers complete a timesheet each week and present it to your designee for signoff.
- Travel, Lodging and Transportation: As this is your expense, all arrangements are made with your approval. Our scheduler works directly with the physician to plan cost effective travel.
- Licensing Services: Our staff can assist you with licensing, we can cut time to obtain state licenses by as much as 60%.
- Medical Malpractice Insurance: Our policy is through one of the oldest and most stable carriers in the nation. The policy has individual limits of $1 million per claim/$3 million annual aggregate per physician. The policy also requires that we cover all of the work physicians do through Harris Medical Associates.
Good Reasons to use Locums
- To fill in for absent staff (illness, vacation, medical or maternity leave)
- To cover while staff physicians attend CME courses
- To supplement permanent staff during busy times
- To staff new positions or facilities while permanent staff positions are recruited
- To take some of the pressure off staff physicians, avoiding burnout